Crowns and Bridges
Restore your smile.
At Great Alpine Dental, we understand how the poor function or appearance of a tooth can inhibit your lifestyle. To improve the appearance or function of one or more of your teeth, a crown or bridge may be a good treatment option for you.
Crowns and bridges serve as ‘prosthetics’, or spare parts if you like, that our dentists use to repair teeth. They are made from porcelain and provide a long-lasting and natural-looking and feeling solution.
We may recommend a crown as a suitable treatment option for you to:
If you have gaps in your smile as a result of missing teeth, a bridge can be used to ‘bridge’ the gap and get you chewing with ease and feeling good about your smile again.
Our In-House CEREC Technology Saves You Time
We’re happy to be able to offer our patients Chairside Economical Restoration of Esthetic Ceramic (CEREC). This modern technology allows us to create your dental restorations right here at Great Alpine Dental, while you wait! This means that getting a dental crown or bridge at our state-of-the-art facilities can be done in as little as a single appointment.
What To Expect When Getting A Crown
The process of getting a crown is generally carried out over a single appointment. From one case to another, this may vary.
- Your dentist will first numb your tooth and the area around it so that they can remove the damaged areas with little to no discomfort to you. The foundation of your tooth is then reinforced to enhance its strength.
- For the custom manufacturing of your crown, they will take a digital scan of your tooth. At Great Alpine Dental we have CEREC, a system which allows us to make your crown in house without involving a lab and deliver it on the same day. No need to wear temporary crowns.
- The final step of the process sees the fitting of your custom-made crown. Your dentist will check your bite and adjust your crown accordingly. It will then get bonded into place. We only use tooth coloured and biocompatible TGA certified high quality ceramics for all our crowns and bridges.
This way you get a single visit crown on the same day without having to wear a temporary crown for many days while waiting for the lab to manufacture your permanent one. This means you avoid a second visit and associated time and effort. Of course, in a small number of cases a temporary crown may be technically required.
What To Expect When Getting A Bridge
The process of getting a bridge is generally carried out over 2 or 3 appointments after your initial consultation and assessment. Depending on your specific case, this may vary.
- The first appointment involves the shaping of your teeth that will be supporting your bridge. These teeth and the surrounding areas are numbed for this part of the process to make you as comfortable as possible.
- Your dentist will then create a digital scan of your teeth and do a colour match. In our CEREC dental system we can often make your bridge inhouse too and deliver on the same day. Sometimes we may need to send to our dental laboratory for the construction of your bridge. A temporary bridge will be fitted until your permanent one is ready.
- The next step is the fitting of your bridge. They will make any necessary adjustments before securing it into place, leaving you with a natural-looking finish. We only use tooth coloured and biocompatible TGA certified high quality ceramics for all our crowns and bridges